Engineered to help patients breathe more naturally
The Puritan Bennett™ 980 ventilator helps enable patients to breathe more naturally† through some of the most innovative breath delivery technology available.
Our simple, safe, and smart design provides more natural ventilation that may help improve patient comfort.
Our innovative user interface features a highly customizable display with intuitive screen navigation.
The Puritan Bennett™ 980 ventilator provides a unique ventilator assurance feature which, in the event of certain system failures, will continue to deliver ventilatory support as close to the preset settings as feasible, and has an integrated expiratory filtration system.
Advanced synchrony tools help clinicians set the ventilator to adapt to their patients’ unique needs and help provide the appropriate level of support throughout the breath.
Intuitive and highly configurable touch screen
Graphs may be scaled and enlarged to full screen to improve visibility.
Using the pause button, you can pause the screen and review the last 60 seconds of patient data.
In situations where you may not be directly in front of the screen, or during teaching situations where there are several people in the room, the large-font screen can provide greater visibility to patient data.
- Several configuration options enable you to see as little or as much information as you need.
- Patient data in the top banner may be configured to the patient need or to match your workflow document. Additional patient data can be accessed by scrolling right to left in the upper right corner. Patient data cells may be left blank to reduce the amount of visible patient data.
The touch screen also offers easy access to five graph and loop layout options.
Unique ventilation assurance feature
- In the event of certain system failures, the ventilator will continue to deliver ventilatory support as close to the preset settings as feasible. The ventilation assurance feature is unique to the Puritan Bennett™ 980 ventilator and may help improve safety for ventilated patients in the event of certain system failures.
- Stand-by mode pauses ventilation and preserves settings when the patient is disconnected; auto-detects patient upon reconnection; and automatically resumes ventilation without the need to push additional buttons.
- There is an additional screen located on the breath delivery unit (BDU) that provides a redundant check of ventilator operation.
Hot swappable batteries
- The Puritan Bennett™ 980 ventilator houses up to two batteries (up to four with a compressor installed).
- Batteries may be changed or swapped out without having to power down the ventilator and interrupt patient ventilation.
Expiratory filtration system
Puritan Bennett™ 840 and 980 ventilators are designed with custom exhalation filters to prevent infection and contamination. These custom filters have the following features, among others:
- Minimum of 99.97% filtration efficiency.
- Meets CDC requirement for N100 filtration equivalency.
Digital communication board
- The digital communication board provides multiple USB ports for connections to external drives and an HDMI output port that can be used to project the touch screen externally.
Connecting to EMR system
- The Puritan Bennett™ 980 ventilator has several options for connecting to external data systems.
Proximal flow sensor
- The proximal flow sensor measures flow, pressure, and tidal volume right at the patient wye in neonate applications.
Advanced synchrony tools help clinicians set the ventilator to adapt to their patients' unique needs and help provide the appropriate level of support throughout the breath. Learn more about our unique synchrony tools from Medtronic for Puritan Bennett™ ventilators.