A cordless, hand-held, pistol-grip ultrasonic device, with a 39 cm shaft, for use in laparoscopic procedures for soft-tissue dissection and vessel occlusion.
Energy whenever and wherever you want it
The Sonicision™ system is the industry’s first cordless, ultrasonic dissection system offering the widest portfolio and ease of standardization.
The Sonicision™ 39 cm device allows for improved freedom of movement in the operating room through the innovation of cordless technology. The streamlined design features a quick and simple set up that increases OR efficiency.
The Sonicision™ 39 cm device is designed to accommodate a variety of open procedures in the following areas:
The Sonicision™ cordless ultrasonic device contributes to a safer OR and patient experience1 and reliably seals vessels up to 5 mm in diameter2.
- The Sonicision™ device has less thermal spread and a lower maximum jaw temperature compared to the Olympus Thunderbeat™*3,4
- The Sonicision™ device provides faster dissection speed than the Harmonic ACE™*2
- The Sonicision™ device produces up to 5x less plume than Harmonic ACE™*5
- The Sonicision™ device provides faster active blade cool down time to 60°C than the Harmonic ACE™*6
- The Sonicision™ device mean thermal spread, mean vessel burst pressure, hemostasis, mean seal time and mean peak active blade temperature are comparable to the Harmonic ACE™* and Harmonic ACE+™ 2,5,7,8,9,10,11
The revolutionary design of the Sonicision™ cordless ultrasonic dissection device gives surgeons freedom of movement in the OR – eliminating the frustration of managing cords on a sterile field, while allowing for rapid dissection of tissue and security of hemostasis.
In addition, the intuitive dual-mode energy activation control offers minimum and maximum power modes within one button for easy transition between energy modes, further enhancing surgeon focus on the patient.
The reusable hand-held generator working in concert with the reusable battery produces ultrasonic energy that delivers a variety of tissue effects. The ability to take the sophistication of a generator and shrink it down to easily fit in the palm of your hand is real innovation that frees the surgeon from the need to connect the device to a bulky generator outside of the surgical field.